Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Guns Dont Kill People, People Kill Other People With the Use of Guns (and Knives, Cars, Bombs, Poison....)

I've been reading some things lately concerning our right to bear arms in the United States, and I have to say, it's all been a real head-scratcher.  I'm trying to figure out how restricting my right to own a gun is going to stop terrorists and criminals from doing their thing.  When people want to do something wrong, they will find a way to do it.  I mean, come on folks, they are already doing illegal shit to begin with.  Do you really think that more gun control laws will put them out of business?  These folks apparently lack any respect for common decency, as well as the lives of decent people who are just trying to live their lives.  So what makes the gun control advocates think that changing the laws will have any kind of impact on the criminals?  That they will just retreat with their tails between their legs, change their ways, and become hardworking, productive members of society?  Yeah, ok.  When rainbows start shooting out of my butt!

Another thing that makes me scratch my head is the opinion of Garry McCarthy, Superintendent of Chicago Police.  Apparently, he recently made a speech that suggested that the government is perpetuating racism by not having stronger and more restrictive laws for gun control.  What the hell is that supposed to mean?  Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but if I were a black person, that statement would completely piss me off.  To me, this guy is saying that black people are no more discerning than children, and that they need the government to tell them what is right and what is wrong.  That maybe they can't handle the heady rush of freedom and power over their own lives.  What a crock of shit!

Well, all that being said, I'll leave with this little tidbit:  Maybe it's about time people started learning how to be responsible, and the government started learning how to make each individual accountable for their actions.  Taking freedoms away from all just because a few dumbasses don't know how to behave doesn't work.  It will just leave the law-abiding citizens vulnerable, and the dumbasses will still be up to their criminal, no-good ways.

That is all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am open to all comments, including any that support an opinion that I may not agree with. I only ask that commentary be respectful, and not any type of attack on any one person or group. There are ways to disagree with another's message, doctrine, or opinion, without being downright hateful. Please learn those ways:)